1. OWNERSHIP AND USE RESTRICTIONS. YESNETWORK.com is owned and operated by YES, and operated by YES in association with MLB Advanced Media, L.P. ("MLBAM"). YES, MLBAM, and their respective operators, members, teams, affiliates, employees, directors, and officers shall be collectively referred to herein as the "Operators."
The content and materials contained within the Site (including, without limitation, video, audio, photos, text, images, graphics, data, statistics, updated scores and results, logos and all copyrights and intellectual property related to the Site, YES, and the YES sponsors, licensees and other affiliates) (the "Content") are either owned by, or licensed to, YES. The Content from the Site may not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, reproduced, distributed, copied, publicly performed, publicly displayed or otherwise used in any manner, except as expressly provided in these Terms of Service, without the express written permission of YES. The Operators maintain the Site for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download one copy of each piece of material displayed on the Site to any single computer for your personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, reproduce, republish, perform, display, prepare derivative works based upon, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use any materials of or from the Site for public or commercial purposes on any other website or otherwise without the express written permission of YES. Modification of any materials displayed on the Site in any manner is a violation of the Operators' copyright and other proprietary rights.
The word marks and logos of YES, and YESNETWORK.com are the exclusive property of YES (the "YES Trademarks"). All other word marks and logos (each, a "Trademark" and, collectively, the "Trademarks") appearing on the Site are Trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any YES Trademarks or Trademark displayed on the Site in any manner without the express written permission of its respective owner. Any use of the YES Trademarks and/or Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms of Service, is strictly prohibited.
Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, the Operators. Any use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless expressly permitted by these Terms of Service or by express permission that is granted elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. The Operators neither warrant nor represent that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe upon the rights of third parties neither owned by nor affiliated with the Operators.
You may receive a password upon completing the registration process. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password, and are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your password. The Operators are not responsible for any loss or damage arising as a result of your failure to comply with this Section 2.
3. MESSAGE FEATURES AND SUBMISSIONS.
B. By transmitting any message in connection with the Message Features and/or submitting creative ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, suggestions, content or materials (including, without limitation, video, audio, photos, text, data, images and graphics) (each, a "Submission" and, collectively, "Submissions"), you are granting YES a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, perform and display each such Submission, in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology known or hereafter developed for any purpose, including, without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes (collectively, "Rights"). This means that anything submitted by you on or to the Site will be used exclusively by YES and may be used by the Operators for any purpose, now or in the future, without any payment or other obligation to you. All Submissions, excluding any message in connection with the Message Features, whether solicited or unsolicited, shall become and remain the exclusive property of YES. The Operators shall also have the absolute right, but not the obligation, to use your name, likeness and/or biographical information in connection with the broadcast, print, online or other use or publication of your Submission without seeking or receiving your further consent.
By entering the Site, you expressly agree to not make any Submission in connection with Site and/or any Message Feature, or use the Site in any manner, that: (i) imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Site's infrastructure, or otherwise restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying the Site; (ii) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, bigoted, hateful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, harmful to minors, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent; (iii) constitutes, advocates or encourages conduct that would constitute or give rise to a criminal offense, civil liability or other violation of any local, state, national or international law; (iv) violates, plagiarizes or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right; (v) contains any virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cancelbot, robot, spider or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routine; (vi) contains any information, software or other material of a commercial nature; (vii) contains advertising, promotions or commercial solicitations of any kind; (viii) constitutes or contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact; (ix) removes any proprietary notices or labels; (x) creates a false identity for the purpose of misleading others; (xi) attempts to disable, bypass, modify, defeat or otherwise circumvent any security tools used on the Site; and/or (xii) contains material irrelevant to the subject matter of the Message Feature.
C. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all necessary rights in Submissions that you submit, that such Submissions are accurate, that use of the Submissions you submit will not violate or infringe the rights of any third party or violate these Terms of Service (including without limitation this Section 3), that the Submissions you submit will not cause injury to any person or entity.
E. The Operators do not generally pre-screen or approve Submissions posted by users of the Site, and, therefore, do not guarantee the accuracy, quality or integrity of such Submissions. The Operators, in their sole discretion, shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor, review, edit, modify, refuse to post, or remove any Submission that is available on the Site for any or no reason, including that any Submission violates these Terms of Service or is otherwise objectionable. The Operators take no responsibility and assume no liability for any Submission uploaded, transmitted, viewed, accessed or used by you or any third party, or for any mistakes, defamation, libel, slander, falsehoods, omissions, obscenity, pornography or profanity that you may encounter. The Operators are under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may submit. No compensation or other sums will be payable to you or to any other person or entity with respect to any Submission you submit or any posting or use thereof. Any opinions, advice or recommendations expressed in any Submissions are those of the users providing the same and not those of the Operators.
F. Submissions submitted to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, are, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary. By submitting a Submission to the Site, you acknowledge that any information disclosed by you therein, and any content or material contained therein, (i) may be used by any third party; (ii) is not confidential and may be read or intercepted by others; (iii) creates no confidential, fiduciary, contractually implied or other relationship between you and the Operators other than as expressly set forth in these Terms of Service; and (iv) is subject to the grant of Rights to the Operators described in Section 3.B above.
4. SOLICITED AND UNSOLICITED SUBMISSIONS.
A. Solicited Submissions: At times, the Operators may solicit Submissions from visitors to the Site, including, without limitation, information, ideas, artwork or other materials. It is our practice to post notices on the Site regarding our planned use of such materials where we solicit the Submission. Your submission of a Submission, or your provision of information, in response to such a solicitation is a grant by you to the Operators of the Rights described above.
B. Unsolicited Submissions: Although we welcome your comments regarding, and your ideas and proposals for, the Site and YES, it is YES' policy not to accept or consider any Submissions that are unsolicited. We hope you will understand that the intent of this policy is to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings, legal or otherwise, when creative ideas, concepts or materials developed by the Operators might appear to be similar to your Submission(s). Accordingly, we must ask that you do not send us any unsolicited Submissions via the Site or otherwise; we assume no responsibility for reviewing such Submissions and we will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities between your Submissions and future YES designs, products, programs or otherwise. In the event you do submit unsolicited Submissions, such Submissions shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of YES. As is the case with solicited Submissions, the submission of any unsolicited Submission shall constitute a grant by you to the Operators of the Rights described above.
6. VOTES. The Site may offer you opportunities to vote in connection with certain events. By casting a vote, you signify your agreement to all special terms and voting guidelines set forth on the Site applicable to that event as well as in these Terms of Service.
7. LINKS. The following restrictions ("Linkage Restrictions") apply to all links to the Site from any online, cable, wireless or other website, service or browser:
A. Online, cable, wireless or other websites, services or browsers created by, licensed by or substantially associated with any entity that regularly promotes any product (e.g., apparel or computers), brand (e.g., Nike or Pepsi) or service (e.g., Internet service providers or ticket sellers) (each, a "Commercial Site" and, collectively, "Commercial Sites") may not link to YESNETWORK.com without the written permission of YES, even if the page/area where the link originates does not promote a product, brand or service.
B. Websites, services or browsers other than Commercial Sites (e.g., fan sites, chamber of commerce sites, search engine sites, widely available Internet browsers) (each, a "Permissible Site" and, collectively, "Permissible Sites") may link to YESNETWORK.com without the express written permission of YES if such link is: (i) a "word" (as opposed to a "logo") link (e.g., " YESNETWORK.com," "The Official Site of YES "); and (ii) spatially separated from, and not otherwise associated with, any sponsorship advertising, or other commercial text or graphics that may be on the page/area containing such word link.
C. The YESNETWORK.com logo, or any other logo of YES, may not be used as or to link to YESNETWORK.com without the express written permission of YES.
D. No link to the Site may be "framed" by the Permissible Site where the link originated if such "frame" contains any sponsorship, advertising or other commercial text or graphics.
E. All links to the Site from a Permissible Site must be to the Site's home page -- links to internal pages within the Site (e.g., a player page, a photo gallery or a feature article) are not permitted.
F. The posting or creation of any link to the Site signifies that you have read these Linkage Restrictions and agree to abide by their terms.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND DAMAGES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. While the Operators use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, the Operators make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Operators assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. The Operators make no representation that the materials contained in the Site are appropriate or authorized for use in all countries, states, provinces, counties or any other jurisdictions. If you choose to access the Site, you do so on your own initiative and risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE OPERATORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE OPERATORS DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CORRECTLY SEQUENCED, RELIABLE OR TIMELY, OR THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERRORS AND/OR VIRUSES. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE OPERATORS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OF THE SITE OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. YOU USE THE SITE AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE OPERATORS BE LIABLE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT OR NEGLIGENCE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) THAT ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, DEFECTS, UNTIMELINESS, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, OR UNAUTHENTICITY OF ANY CONTENT IN THE SITE, OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT THEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OPERATORS AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR CLAIM RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF THIS SITE EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE, IF ANY.
The Site may contain links and pointers to other World Wide Web sites, resources, and advertisers. Links to and from the Site to other sites, maintained by third parties, do not constitute an endorsement by the Operators or any affiliate of any third party site or content. The Operators are not responsible for the availability of these third party resources, or their contents. The Operators have not reviewed any or all of the sites linked to the Site and are not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to the Site, off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk and without the permission of the Operators. By clicking on any such link, you acknowledge that the Site has no control over, and makes no representations of any kind with respect to, such other sites or any content contained within such other sites, and you hereby revoke any claim against the Operators with respect to such other sites. You should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or Webmaster.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers and vendors found on or through the Site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser and/or vendor. You agree that the Operators shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or vendors on the Site or in connection with the Site. All of your business dealings with vendors and advertisers appearing on or through the Site shall be at your sole risk.
9. NOTICE. The Operators may give notice to users of the Site by means of a general notice on the Site, electronic mail to a user's e-mail address if on record, text message to a user's mobile telephone if on record, or by written communication sent by first class mail to a user's address if on record. You may give notice to the Operators (such notice shall be deemed given when received) by any of the following means:
Electronic mail: Click here
Letter delivered by first class postage prepaid mail or courier to YES at the following address:
Yankees Entertainment & Sports Network, LLC. c/o MLBAM
75 Ninth Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10011
10. NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) ("DMCA"), YES has designated to the U.S. Copyright Office an agent to receive notifications of claimed copyright infringement relating to the Site (the "Designated Agent"). All such notifications relating to the Site must be submitted in a manner consistent with the DMCA to the following Designated Agent:
Yankees Entertainment & Sports Network, L.L.C.
405 Lexington Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10174
with a copy to:
Yankees Entertainment & Sports Network, c/o MLBAM
75 Ninth Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10011
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following: (1) a signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (2) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are claimed to have been infringed, a representative list of such works; (3) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; (4) information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address; (5) a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (6) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
11. INDEMNIFICATION. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold the Operators and each of their respective members, operators, directors, officers, employees, shareholders, agents, affiliates and representatives harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages and expenses (including attorneys' fees and court costs) arising out of or relating to: (i) your use of the Site, including, without limitation, use of any Message Feature or the Store; (ii) any of the Submissions submitted by you ; and (iii) any breach or alleged breach of these Terms of Service.
12. TERMINATION OF SERVICE. The Operators may, in their sole discretion, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time with or without notice, including the availability of any Site feature, database, or content. The Operators may also cancel your registration password, or impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts of the Site, or the entire Site, with or without notice, and without liability, at any time, in the Operators' exclusive discretion, without prejudice to any legal or equitable remedies available to the Operators, for any reason or purpose, including, but not limited to, conduct that the Operators believe violates these Terms of Service or other policies or guidelines posted on the Site or conduct which the Operators believe is harmful to other customers, to the Operators' respective businesses, or to other information providers. Upon any termination of this agreement, you immediately discontinue your use of the Site and destroy all materials obtained from it.
13. SOFTWARE. Software and other materials from the Site may also be subject to United States Export Control. The United States Export Control laws prohibit the export of certain technical data and software to certain territories. No software from the Site may be downloaded or exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) anyone on the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. The Operators do not authorize the downloading or exportation of any software or technical data from the Site to any jurisdiction prohibited by the United States Export Laws.
14. CHOICE OF LAW. These Terms of Service shall be construed and controlled by the laws of the State of New York, United States of America. Further, any disputes relating to these Terms of Service or anything contained on the Site will be governed by the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Any claim relating to these Terms of Service or the Site shall be exclusively prosecuted in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction located within the County of New York, State of New York, United States of America, and you hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such court solely for such purposes and you further waive any argument that any such court does not have jurisdiction over such dispute or that venue in any such court is not appropriate or convenient. The Operators will be entitled to recover their court costs and reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses incurred in successfully proving any breach of any term of these Terms of Service.
15. MISCELLANEOUS. These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between the parties, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous written or oral agreements, proposals or communications with respect to the subject matter herein between you and the Operators. The Operators in their sole discretion may amend these Terms of Service, and your use of the Site after such amendment is posted on the Site will constitute acceptance of it by you. The section headings in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and must not be given any legal import. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, void, invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
LAST UPDATED: May 27, 2010